Monday, June 20, 2011

on Thai Odyssey - One Utama


I am terrified of Thai Massages for one I am not flexible ( I cant do yoga for nuts) and the way they twist and turn just freaks me out. Eh before you judge, I like Pilates though. Back to review, you may find Thai Odyssey in almost every major mall in KL. They have numerous other awards plastered on their wall.

As I entered Thai Odyssey One Utama I was greeted by a grumpy receptionist I asked her for the price range and mentioned that I would like to go for a half and hour half body massage; it will cost me around RM50 she said. She demanded that I pay upfront, this is such a turn off because most massage or spa centers that I have been to only will ask for payment after the service is completed. She intercom the therapist in Thai, 5 minutes later my therapist was at the door to bring me to the massage area. I believe most of their therapists are Thai.

I was asked to sit on stool while they therapist worked on my upper back. I would prefer the Shiatsu Massage chair. More info on Shiatsu and how the massage chair looks like http://www.shiatsu-therapeutic-massage.com/what-benefits-can-you-get-from-shiatsu-massage-chair. Kenko uses the Shiatsu Massage chair, I will save Kenko for another post :)

Back to Thai Odyssey; The therapist was using the Shiatsu technique but not the chair, what a bummer. She was also chatting with another therapist whilst working on me. I told her to concentrate on my left side and she gave out grunt (you know, the I know what I am doing grunt) and ignored my request.

I left the place unsatisfied and for RM50 per half hour (or RM100/hour) I would expect more. This place is not cheap. You can get 1 ½ hr massage full body massage for around RM100 – RM130 in town.

I guess I expected so more of this place. They could do better with the customer service. I don't think I'll be going back here.

The company website is here: http://www.thaiodyssey.com.my/

No comments:

Post a Comment